Saturday, January 22, 2011

My little girls room...

In less than a week we will close on our new house.  The house is 4 years old and previously had renters in it, so all the walls are a stark white.  Needless to say, I am just itching to bust out a paint brush.  My imagination is running wild with all the things I want to do.  However, my pocketbook does not feel the same way.  But I keep dreaming anyway....

Moving into this house means that for the first time, our girls will NOT have to share a bedroom.  They are as equally excited about this as I am.  Nap time will be so much easier when they don't have a sister so close by to fight over toys play with.  But this also means that I am on the hunt for a kid friendly furniture that is both cute and not going to break the bank.  Addy currently has my old bedroom set from when I was a kid, but Reese is sleeping in a toddler bed and it is time for an upgrade.

So after much deliberation, we have decided that Reese will get Addy's bedroom set and Addy will get the new set.  (Don't ask about our reasoning behind this, there is just to much to explain and I will save you the boring details.)  So for Addy we have picked out this bed from Ikea.


I like the timeless look and with some fun colored bedding I think it will work really well.  Which brings me to my next dilemma.  Finding bedding that both Addy and I can agree on.

First of all, I might be a little particular in this area but there are a couple of things that I just won't do.  The first one is themes.  The kids outgrow them so fast and I have yet to find a theme that I like.  Sure, Addy would love to have a room with Princesses, or Elmo's but I just can't do it.  And sorry kiddo, but when you are old enough to start paying the bills around here you can do whatever you want, but until then I get the final say.  (Yikes, did that just come out of my mouth?  I am sounding more like my parents everyday...Scary!)

The other absolute no no is comforters.  I can't stand them.  I've had several in my life and they never kept me very warm.  Plus they are not very soft and squishy...not like a duvet.  Now that is something I can get behind! Or a nice quilt!  And I want my baby bees to be warm and comfy at night. So its either a duvet or a quilt.  That's what I have to pick from.

I will start off by saying that I love Potterybarn Kids!  There styles are soooo cute and fun.  There prices, not so much...but if money was not an object I would have grabbed up this set by now...



The only reservation I have is that its white.  And it will probably show the slightest bit of dirt really well.  But isn't it cute?  It's the right colors and everything.  But again, the pocketbook forces me to keep looking.

And then I found this set on overstock.com.  And when I saw the $53.99 price tag, I think my wallet did a little happy dance.  The colors are right on, at least from what I can tell in the picture, however I think it might be a bit to busy for what I want.  So the search continues....


After scouting out Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Land of Nod, Kmart, Sears, you name it I've looked at it, I keep coming back to PB Kids.  I can't help it.  I am just drawn to them.  And just this morning I found this...



It's cute, it's simple and its on sale.  Score!  But her sister has polka dots on her bedding, and I want their rooms to be different.  Sigh...  Am I ever gonna find the right one?  What do you guys think?  I need some advice.

No comments: