Sunday, February 12, 2012

So things are about to get crazy around here...

Tomorrow I start a new job. Although I am really excited for this I always hate starting something new. It is nerve racking to be the newbie and not know anyone or how they do things or even where the bathroom is. Sure, it gets better with time and eventually I won't be the newbie anymore but it still doesn't make it any easier.

Tomorrow I will have to get up extra early, kiss my babies goodbye as they sleep soundly in their beds, drive on new roads and hope that traffic isn't too bad. I will be wondering if my hubby got the kids off to school ok, meeting new people all day (half of which I won't remember their names the next), try and get comfortable in a new office, at a new desk and attempt to learn an entirely new system.

I know this job is a good opportunity for me and my family and I look forward to the challenge. Hopefully some of these new people that I meet will become good friends. So far they have been really great to me and if this is any indication of what this company is actually like, I think I will like it there. It also means that I will be going back to work full time. I haven't worked full time in several years so that in and of itself will be a huge adjustment for me.

So for now, I will be biting my nails in anticipation of what tomorrow will be like, studying up on the employee handbook (since I work in HR it is my job to know it throughly) and debating over what I am going to wear. And hope that tomorrow will go smoothly. Which I know it will, it always does. Then I will have Monday under my belt. And then Tuesday will be even easier. Maybe by Friday I will actually know some of their names!

No comments: