Thursday, August 4, 2011

Buzzing About {Homemade Brownies}

It's no secret that I am not Martha Stewart when it comes to the kitchen. Heck, who am I kidding... I am no Martha period! But that doesn't mean that I don't try. Sometimes it works out wonderfully, other times, Not. So. Much. If you would have asked me a year ago, I would have said that the majority of my cooking came out of a box. But then things changed (you can read about that here) and I decided that I needed to cook more from scratch.  And this is one of those times.

Yes folks, I give you a recipe for homemade brownies! I actually got the recipe from my sister who I think got it from a friend of hers.  Either way, it is divine! As in melt-in-your-mouth divine!  Here is what you will need:

-5oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (for best results use Ghiaradelli unsweetened baking chocolate)
-1 1/2 sticks butter
-1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
-2 1/4 C sugar
-4 eggs
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 1/3 C flour
-1 C. Walnuts (optional - I skipped them)

And here is what to do:
Melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Add vanilla when melted. In separate bowl mix sugar, eggs and salt for a few minutes until well mixed. Combine the two mixtures together and add flour, baking powder and walnuts. Pour mixture into a 9x13 greased pan and bake at 375 for 21 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

Sorry I don't have any pics of the baking process. Addy helped me make them tonight and it was sooo much fun that I forgot to take pics. Oops! But here is my hubby enjoying the end result. I hope you do too!




No comments: