Thursday, June 16, 2011

They make me Shutter!!

So we finally got the shutters installed yesterday on the windows in our master bath. And if I must say so myself it looks 100% better than I thought they would. Wait let me back up a bit...

When we moved into our house in February I ordered blinds for all the upstairs windows in the house, with the exception of the master bath. I knew we needed privacy but I didn't want to spend a fortune so I ordered the cheapest ones I could find. And they work great. But I also knew I wanted something different in our bathroom and I didn't want to spend even more money on blinds that I would take down shortly anyway. But the problem is, is that we live on the side of a hill. From looking out our bathroom window we look directly at the top of the hill where our neighbor's house is. And if they ever stepped out into their backyard, well let's just say they could get quite a show if we ever turned on the lights! To give you an idea, here is what it looked like on closing day.


That was back in February and yes there was snow on the ground. But you can see the back of our neighbors house so you know what I mean. Maybe this will give you a more accurate picture of what it looked like up until yesterday.


If you look really closely you can see another house on the top of the hill facing our window.  That house wasn't there in February.


So there has been lots of showers in the dark, thinking I was reaching for the shampoo and grabbing my husband shaving cream instead.  It was not fun and I had had enough! So out to Lowe's we went and I ordered beautiful plantation shutters for the window. The only problem... it will take 4-6 weeks for delivery. So we wait and continue to shower in the dark. And I continue to get more crabby and my hair is starting to smell like shaving cream. So after what seems like an eternity Lowe's called and they had my shutters! Oh!! Happy!! Day!! And yesterday they arrived and installed them. So now it looks like this...


Ta Da!!!


With the slats open!!! (excuse the darkness, my camera is not the best)


Open in all their glory!!


And closed!!  So much better!!


And once I figured out that I could turn the light back on!!  hehe


It kinda makes the window in the commode look a little sad. Maybe that is the next one to get the fabulous shutter treatment! I guess we will have to wait and see.... (wait, did I just blog about our commode to the entire world?? well, I guess I did). Anyways, in case you couldn't tell my all the exclamation points, I am pretty excited about this new turn of events. And my neighbors are thankful too!!