Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember

My heart aches today... I don't think I need to tell you why. The events that took place on this day 10 years ago will forever be etched in my mind. I try to teach my children about what happened on that day only to come up with no words. I keep telling myself they are young, they don't understand. After all, I was still in college when this had happened. They were not even born yet.


A year ago today we took our girls to the Garden of Reflection in Bucks County PA. Just when I think my girls are too young to understand, they surprise me. I am forever blessed by their innocence and love. We brought them to see this memorial in an effort to teach them something about this great nation. What I discovered was that they in fact, were teaching me so much more.

My prayer on this day is that we all take the time to remember, not just the horrific events of that day, but of the courage and love that arose from the ashes.

No comments: