Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

In case you haven't heard it has been raining here today.  All.....Day.....Long.  That is one of the strange things I have noticed about living in the east coast.  When it rains here, it rains all day long.  Did I mention that?  I think I might have....

But I have to say that I sort of enjoy the rain.  There is something to be said about listening to the sound of the pitter patter on your roof from the comfort of your own home, in your jammies, with a warm cup of coffee.

And then life happens and I quickly snapped out of my little dream to realize that I was late for work.  And once the rain decided to complicate my commute, I instantly despised it.  There is nothing that would make a pastor's wife curse more than having a gigantic semi-truck pass me on the way splashing a wave of water on my car, blinding me at 80 65 miles per hour.  (Sorry mom, but in my defense it is safer to drive at the speed of traffic than the actual speed limit.  At least that is what I told the State Trooper who pulled me over).  j/k

And it is still raining...through the night on into tomorrow morning.  I can only hope that there will be a rainbow at the end of this dreary day.  I am ready for some sunshine.  I am read to start digging in the dirt and to get outside.  But it is only March and I am getting ahead of myself.  So I will tolerate the rain for another day and hope that my commute tomorrow is free of any state troopers.

No comments: