Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Over the weekend we officially moved into the new house.  It feels great to finally have a place to call our own and make it our home.  As I type this I am sitting in front of the fireplace.  The girls have gone to bed and I am enjoying some peace and quite.  I love it!!

The move went well.  With all the help we had we finished moving in 3 hours.  And when I say we, I mean the 10 big strong burley men that volunteered to do all the heavy lifting.  I just told them where to put it and made sure our little bees stayed out of the way.  It was bitterly cold and with 40 mph winds, it made for an interesting morning. Especially when you live on the side of a hill!  

We have yet to park in our garage as it is full of boxes however I am refusing to bring any of them into the house until we have gone thru them.  Remember one of my New Years resolutions was to make sure that everything had a place in the new house.  So that's my motto.  Nothing comes into the house until it has a place.  Plus it is a little motivation if my hubby ever wants to see his beloved garage again!  Wait, that makes it sound like I am holding the garage hostage.  Ok, well maybe I am. 

So the weekend was spent unpacking, cleaning out the rental, runs to the coffee shop (as I couldn't find my coffee pot) unpacking, setting up the new computer, rearranging furniture, unpacking, figuring out how to work the new satellite TV, making sure the little bees stayed out of the boxes, unpacking, finding the coffee pot and having a small celebratory party, and unpacking some more.  I am exhausted and enthusiastic all at the same time.  But even as my body aches for some sleep and relaxation, all of this is worth it.  Dorothy totally got it right.  There is no place like home.  And on that note, I think I hear another box calling my name.  

No comments: